Thursday, May 27, 2010

Peanuts and Popcorn Cupcakes, 05/26


How did I get into this creative mood? I found MULTI-COLOR marshmallows!! Albertsons!! Anyway, the ideas for these cupcakes came from two different books, Hello, Cupcake and Hey There Cupcake! The popcorn cupcakes, designed with yellow and white marshmallows, are on top of a white cupcake recipe (from Hey There Cupcake) with some leftover white buttercream frosting. To make the "kernels" you cut one mini marshmallow into three slices and then place another whole marshmallow on top (the stickiness of the cut side of the slice helps bind it together). They turned out better than I expected. I was pleasantly surprised. The peanut-like decorated cupcake came from Hey There Cupcake! and they were just as--surprisingly--easy. I made the peanut butter cupcake recipe from their book and filled the cupcake well (probably too high, but oh well), then balled up little pieces of foil to make an indentation. After they came out of the oven, I sliced off the tops (and ate a few--what??) to make a level area for frosting. I used a peanut butter cream cheese frosting from a different cupcake requested by my nana, and then piped on little lines to make it resemble a peanut. I like the combination of the two designs--it reminds me of circus food, or my diet (excluding the liquids) on football game days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment