Monday, May 17, 2010

Blondie Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, 05/19


I have wanted to try these cupcakes for a while, but could not for the life of me find toffee chips. Well, let me tell you they are in the baking aisle by the chocolate chips (how I missed them I have no idea). Anyway, this is from Martha Stewart's Cupcake book, so how on earth could they be bad? Well, they weren't, and far be it for me to questions Martha Stewart, but I did add a little extra to the recipe. After mixing up the ingredients, I realized that these were, in fact, supposed to be like the brownie type of blondie, but I wasn't into something so heavy. So I added 1/3 cup of milk and a splash (maybe 1/4 of a cup) of sugar-free caramel flavored Torani syrup (can you say addicted?). The batter was thinner after those additions, and was exactly what I had been hoping for. The cupcakes rose well and I topped them off with vanilla buttercream from Hey There, Cupcake (and some with leftover cream cheese frosting from the week before), and added a cashew on top for a little "flair" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment