Monday, May 17, 2010

Mango Coconut Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting and Toasted Coconut, 05/12


As summer approaches (and the countdown is on the board!), the cupcakes are more summer inspired. That, and summer fruit is just really on sale now (the mangoes have been super cheap!). This cupcake recipe is from 125 Best Cupcake Recipes, and while I sometimes don't have the best luck with these recipes, this one turned out the way I like my cupcakes. I added more mango, and was worried that the mango flavor would not be strong enough, but surprisingly it was!! I then made my cream cheese frosting and rolled it in recently toasted coconut. A good summer cupcake, and one I would definitely make again! (And thanks to Brian for my birthday present--the fun plate in the background!!)

1 comment: