Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes with Vanilla Cream Frosting, 04/07


I have to say, after the last two weeks, these cupcakes seemed rather anti-climactic, which is why it has taken me so long to post. Not that they were bad, they just weren't . . . cute. The snickerdoodle cupcake recipe is from Martha Stewart's cupcake cookbook, and on her website as well. They were cinnamon-y like a snickerdoodle, and light in texture. The mini cupcakes were very moist (plus I might have undercooked them . . . what, it's my cupcake!!). Since I envision snickerdoodle cookies and light and crispy, the only frosting that seemed to be appropriate was a whipped cream-type frosting, but not everyone is a whipped cream fan, so I compromised with tried-and-true Vanilla Cream Frosting from 125 Best Cupcake Recipes. After frosting them, I sprinkled the tops with sugar and cinnamon to finish the look. They are simple, sure to please most everyone, and (as commented TWICE), they go perfectly with coffee:)

No comments:

Post a Comment