Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Chocolate Sour Cream Cupcakes with Chocolate and Vanilla Frosting, 04/07


For the last birthday in March (but we were on spring break), Marnie got to choose her cupcake for the first Wednesday back. She said sweet, maybe chocolate-y. From a little Betty Crocker cookbook on cupcakes and sweets my mom gave to me before my flight to Baltimore over spring break, I found these cupcakes. They were from scratch, which I liked, and knew I could use them for the brainstorm brewing in my head. Now, if you know Marnie, there are a few things that immediately come to mind. One of those things is her favorite saying (and if it's not, it might as well be), "MOOOOVE COW." Yes, she has bouts of road rage, but hey, I'm not judging. And while I like to give credit where credit is due, after weeks of decorating cupcakes and making designs from someone else's recipe, I MADE MY OWN. First I frosted the cupcake with vanilla frosting, and then added chocolate frosting to the sides and top. I cut a LARGE marshmallow in four slices, short-wise, and frosted the noses pink. I cut one of those slices in half to make the ears, dipping the sticky side in pink sprinkles. I then cut a Milk Dud in half and pressed it in for the eyes, finishing the cupcake off by piping on nostrils and a mouth. So, between this week's cupcake and Easter's cupcakes, I have enough designs in my repertoire for my unborn children to have a barnyard-themed party--oh you better believe it!!

3 comments:

  1. You are soooo creative! You know I'm going to pay you when my unborn children have barn themed birthday parties too! You are soooo creative Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally impressed, Lisa's right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still cannot get over these. I feel like a broken record because I say the same thing every week. Vicki, this is your BEST work so far! You kick some serious cupcake a-s-s!!!

    ReplyDelete