Sunday, January 10, 2010

Raspberry Cupcakes with Raspberry Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, 01/06

Well it happened--I created my own cupcake recipe. I sat down and--no joke--analyzed a bunch of different cupcake recipes to determine wet to dry ratio, sugar to butter ratio, sugar and butter to egg ratio, and then all that to flour. This is how I spent my winter break. But don't get me wrong, it was fun :) Anyway, this cupcake has raspberry puree and raspberry extract to make sure it tasted enough like raspberries, and to my pleasant surprise, they turned out! Light and fluffy and not poisonous! The frosting was an improvisation on the Easy Buttercream recipe from 125 Best Cupcakes book, and the decorations were inspired by my NEW Hello, Cupcake cookbook (a Christmas present) in that I used their technique to make the leaf without a specific decorating tip. And if you look at the close up, the leaf does look pretty realistic--for frosting at least. And well, I am pretty proud of myself for creating my own recipe, so proud that I did a little dance. My co-workers laughed, but that's ok because their mouths were full of cupcake.

2 comments:

  1. Vick, you're becoming more and more "Martha" everyday! These also got the thumbs up from Leilani who now calls Wednesdays "Auntie Cupcake Day" because I come home from school with a sample of whatever the delicious treat was that day. Hooray for Auntie Cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how did you make the leaves? I thought they were real, not made of sugar!!!

    ReplyDelete