Wednesday, December 16, 2009

EggNog Cupcakes with Rum Buttercream Frosting, 12/16


Although these cupcakes aren't embellished much, and there have certainly been cuter looking cupcakes, I do have to say, these ROCKED. For the last installment of Christmas-themed cupcakes, I chose eggnog cupcakes (from Crazy About Cupcakes) frosted with rum buttercream (from 125 Best Cupcake Recipes). I was worried about the eggnog cupcakes turning out too muffin-y and heavy (from the looks of the batter, that was the direction we were going). However, they were just as light and fluffy as cupcakes should be. The eggnog flavor was potent, but not too overwhelming or spicy (by spicy, I mean nutmeg-spice). So they are good. But the best part of this cupcake is the Rum Buttercream frosting. I did use rum extract since I took them to work, but I can't imagine real rum making any difference. I could literally just eat the frosting. Topping it on the eggnog cupcakes was really the (pardon the pun) icing on the cake.

3 comments:

  1. so you didn't actually use the Cockspur? DAMMIT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, these look decadent! You have me craving eggnog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cupcakes can be made with alcohol and still taste fine and be firm? that answers one question i have about the pursuit of new cupcake frontiers

    ReplyDelete