Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lemon Cheesecake Cupcakes with Lemon Curd AND Lemon Yogurt Cupcakes with Vanilla Cream Frosting, 01/13


Cupcake Wednesdays is celebrating a birthday a week early. Fellow cupcake-er Art's birthday is next Wednesday, and since finals fall on that day (and thus a minimum day), we get out of school early. No one--trust me, NO ONE--wants to stay late, even for cupcakes. So in honor of Art's birthday (and NOT the Lame, I mean, Lane Kiffin hiring--Art's theory), we had two types of lemon cupcakes, lemon being his favorite flavor. Well, similar to the last cheesecake cupcake I made (no thanks to Marnie, but more on her later), there were none left, save for the one I especially reserved for my mom. Without that reservation, they would all be gone. To top off these cupcakes, I made lemon curd (honestly, I didn't know you could make lemon curd at home, but I guess I didn't have an explanation of how to make it otherwise...). It turned out well. And much cheaper than store-bought, so VICTORY. Now, because of picky Marnie (really, how much do you weigh? Tuck your man-purse), I made another cupcake, still lemon, but more of a true cupcake--Lemon Yogurt. Both were from 125 Best Cupcakes book, although I adapted this one by adding lemon flavored yogurt instead of the plain yogurt it called for. I did NOT like how these cupcakes did not rise very much. I might want to add a touch of baking soda next time. I just piled on a load of Vanilla Cream frosting and all was well. :)

2 comments:

  1. I ate the lemon cupcake today at lunch and it was delicious as always. Luckily I grabbed one of the cheesecakes to save for my afternoon snack (I knew I was need it after our stupid department meeting that ran until 3:30 by the way!!). I just finished eating it and OH MY GOD Vicki!!! That cheesecake cupcake was so good that I'm sitting at my desk rocking and humming to myself. Auntie Cupcakes has outdone herself this time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these sound delish! I too, like Art, love lemon flavored desserts!

    What else was in the batter of the yogurt cupcakes? YUM!

    ReplyDelete