Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting and Candy Corn Pumpkins, 10/21


It's almost Halloween!! And everyone gets in the spirit with Cupcake Wednesday. The cute and festive wrappers are courtesy of Courtney this week, and they were perfect for my "Pumpkin Patch" cupcakes--pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and candy corn pumpkin garnishes. The cupcake recipe was from the newest book, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes by Julie Hasson. The spices used complimented the pumpkin and the cake was very moist. I can picture a bit of nutmeg going really well with this recipe. The frosting was my own recipe I developed according the my very discerning tastes :), and who can say no to candy corn pumpkins? And since Halloween is still one week away, there will be more Halloween cupcakes on the way!!!

1 comment:

  1. They were delicious as usual. I thought the amount of spice was actually just right. Don't second guess perfection, Vick!!

    ReplyDelete