Monday, October 5, 2009

Lemon Cupcake with Lemon Icing and Vanilla Frosting 9/30


It's been really hot here in Southern California lately and a fruity, refreshing flavor for cupcakes sounded like a good idea. I have had success with the lemon cupcake recipe once before when combining it with orange (tasted like a creamsicle--yum!!), but this was the first time I had made the lemon icing. They are both VERY lemon-y (I did add extra lemon zest) and the tartness of the lemon zest brought out the sugar-sweetness of the icing even more. Overall it was a success--I took the extras to a football party and they were gone by halftime!!

**Edit: If you're not looking for a "sweet" cupcake, stay away from this one. Yes, an actual "comment". Are you flipping kidding me? Is ice too cold for you too?

No comments:

Post a Comment