Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cheesecake Cupcakes 10/14


I ventured into new territory with a new cupcake book!! Amazing the things that brighten my day. The new book is "125 Best Cupcake Recipes" by Julie Hasson. There are many new and inventive cupcake recipes to try, and it also received the best reviews on Amazon.com. There are a few cheesecake cupcake recipes--the one I chose was the most basic and you could probably do any variation you wanted with this particular recipe. I chose to add cherry pie filling on the top, and they were a HIT. Of all the cupcakes I have made in the seven months of "Cupcake Wednesday", this was the first time there were NO leftovers. The graham cracker crumb crust held up well, and while the cheesecake was not too sweet, the cherries added the sweetness it needed. One key piece of information that deserves mentioning is the fact that these cupcakes should be made in foil wrappers. The book makes a note of this fact, and while I was skeptical at first, I adhered to the directions, and, well, the author was right. Future variations of this cupcake to come. Sorry Marnie:)

2 comments:

  1. These were perhaps the best cupcakes I've ever eaten. All of the cupcakes have been delicious (yeah whatever to the total DOUCHE who complained about the lemon ones!! Get some manners you tool!!), but these took the cake... or should I say they took the "cupcake."

    ReplyDelete
  2. those look good, like cheesecake

    ReplyDelete