Tuesday, March 1, 2011

FUNFETTI Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting, GREEN BAY PACKERS THEME, 01/26


For Kelli's birthday, which was on a Saturday and a day before the Super Bowl (involving her favorite team, the Packers!!), I thought it would be awesome to combine two of her favorite things--Funfetti cupcakes and, of course, Green Bay. The cupcakes are just regular old Funfetti and the frosting is a canned vanilla dyed green for the field and yellow for the endzone. The yard makers are piped on with a tiny Wilton tip (I don't know the number, but it's the smallest circle). That was the easy part. The rest took me a bit of time to figure out logistically, but I do believe I was successful. The logos in the middle of the field and the endzone are white melting chocolate that I melted in a plastic bag, snipped off the tip, and piped on the correct shape on a piece of wax paper (I did sketch it out first). The goal posts are the same thing, except at the bottom, I made it come to a point so I could pierce the cupcake easier. Then, because no football field is complete without players, I used candy (I don't even know what they were called--you could also use M&Ms or jelly beans or Skittles) to create the formations (and YES they are real formations, I am not dumb).
Like her last birthday hoopla cupcakes, I had nightmares about this design not working, but it came together successfully. And now, if I ever find a reason to like MY team enough again (I miss you Uncle Pete!!) I can easily make this for a tailgate. Someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment