Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Pina Colada Cupcakes with Pineapple Pudding Frosting, 03/24





Since Courtney's birthday was yesterday (happy birthday!!!), her request was for Hungry Girl's Pina Colada cupcakes, which I made several weeks ago for another birthday, but I wasn't kidding when I said these were just fabulous. And easy AND low-calorie. Seriously, get the book. Anyway, to make them a bit more festive, I added a little pineapple chunk and maraschino cherry to fit the "island" theme that comes to my mind whenever I think of pina coladas (and no, there is no rum in here, but again, that's what comes to my mind and I wanted to "cute-sy" up this picture). My favorite part, though, is the cupcake holder. Courtney definitely is a cheetah and zebra print girl and luckily the local cake store had these fun wrappers, so in honor of her birthday, I thought it would be fun to add this little touch! See the up-close pictures, they really are adorable. I can see an animal-theme cupcake for future use of these holders!!


No comments:

Post a Comment