Thursday, November 12, 2009

Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting, 11/12


Cupcake Wednesday was postponed to Cupcake Thursday thanks to Veterans Day (and believe me, no one is complaining). My choice this week was a repeat flavor but from a new recipe--instead of Paula Deen's Red Velvet Cupcake recipe, I used Martha Stewart's Red Velvet Cupcake recipe (and as I compared ingredients and measurements, the differences are negligible). I did, however, want to try the Martha Stewart recipe in case I want to get her cupcake book (or at least borrow it from my aunt). Some of the reviews on Amazon.com are not very positive. My lunch group was my guinea pig group (did they care? Not. One. Bit.). Contrary to some of the reviews, the cupcakes were not too heavy, and just chocolate-y and buttermilk-y at the same time. The cream cheese frosting was, again, my own version adapted from a few different recipes, and it seems to please, so I'll keep using it until I am told to stop :). And PS--when Martha says the recipe yields 24 cupcakes, the recipe yields 24 cupcakes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment